Saturday, July 16, 2011

Strictly Satruday: Candy Corn Butterfingers

I am always on the prowl for a good chocolate recipe for our Strictly Saturday's Chocolate post.
Linda from Buzzing and Bumbling (who so happens to be my sister) found this recipe and sent it to me to make for my husband because he loves Butterfingers.

Lee's birthday is this next week which makes this a good time to make something special for him.

Linda did the baking this weekend and sent me a photo to submit to you.  I still have to make mine but I know if Linda is recommending them it is a sure thing!

Homemade Butterfingers
1 lb. candy corn
16 oz. jar peanut butter (I used Jif, but the sweeter the better)
16 oz. pkg. chocolate candy coating (I just melted chocolate chips)
Melt candy corn in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to cook in 15 second intervals until melted, stirring each time. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8 x 8 square pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Either melt chocolate chips and spread over the mixture or dipped chilled bars in melted chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator until firm. Cut into narrow bars.
 Yum!  I have to make these myself!  

My poor old county boy, husband brought me candied corn on our first Valentine's Day together.  He thought I would be so pleased because I loved candy corn and he said the only other thing he could find were those "heart shaped boxes of candy" which by the way was exactly what I wanted. 

Communicate is so important!

I now know after all these years together that he was trying to please me and I should have communicated what I wanted before the time came. 

Now, I say forget those heart shaped boxes, and no candy.  Why not just an evening together and not ON Valentine's Day but maybe the weekend before or the weekend after. 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I still think the candy corn gift was so sweet! He KNEW you liked that and wasn't sure about the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes I agree! I was young and ignorant! I know NOW that he was trying to please me and he was young and ignorant about what I really wanted. My fault because I never told him I was so excited about getting a heart shaped box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! I tried this one and LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!
    I am not on the weight watchers plan on this one! oh well!

    ReplyDelete