Saturday, July 30, 2011

Strictly Chocolate:Brownie Tart

I missed last week...well, actually I only missed posting my recipe on Saturday.  
The problem is that all summer long I have been off schedule 
and I have NOT reserved chocolate for my Saturdays.  
So here I am attempting to get my eating habits back on a schedule 
and eat healthier during the week.  

A couple of weeks ago, I made a trip to Borders Book Store,which is now closing.  :-(
But before that happened I was in their cookbook section and came home with two inspiring cookbooks.  
The first book I picked up was "500 Chocolate Delights"
and it certainly is delightful!
Usually prior to cooking I have to make a trip to the grocery store to buy some special ingredient.  Today I am desperately in need of a long strolling tour of the grocery store to stock up on everything from butter to produce so when I found this recipe that made me drool and I had everything in my pantry I jumped at the chance to whip it up.

It is so simple.  
Melt
Stir
Bake
Drool!
Get Recipe:
Brownie Tart
Moist and light, heavenly chocolatey and just the right sweet!
Not just a brownie but stepping up to a more sophisticated palette.

  • In a saucepan melt 3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate with 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
  • Take off of the heat and add: 2 eggs slightly beaten, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.
  • Stir to blend.
  • Add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt.
  • Optional: 1/2 cups nuts
  • Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries if you wish.  
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a greased 9 1/2 inch tart pan.
Serve it simply for your family or dress it up for guests.  
Or better yet dress it up for your family!  
I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!  




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom, That looks scruptious! I'm testing to see if I can comment on your blog, because I haven't been able to on Stash Manicure, so I've missed two chances to win prizes!

    ReplyDelete