Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Chick in my Brood

Our lives have evolved and now, we are back where we started, just the two of us,
but now we have many, many more people involved in our lives who love us and lean on us from time to time.

Empty nesters?!

Technically, that would be the term but when our friends proclaimed us empty nesters Sunday morning I was surprised. I had not even thought that my nest was empty. And technically, I still had family visiting and the house was full. The last to marry of course, was not present with us but we just added a new chick to our brood.



Instead of feeling empty, I felt full,

full of love for family and friends,
full of excitement over the future,
full of possibilities of the things unexplored....not empty.....just full.

We have been so blessed.

I am sure in weeks to come when 6:30 rolls around and it is time for supper and none of my little chicks come home, or I walk down the hallway through foreign looking bedrooms neatly decorated for guests, no dirt encrusted socks wadded inside out on the floor, nor toys scattered underfoot or books or magazines thrown around, no wet footprints between the bathroom to the bedroom; it will begin to dawn on me that this is again a new phase in my life.

I am sure then the silence will scream at me one day soon but not today.
There is much too much to do still.


Pictures will be posted later.
Trust me, it was good.

4 comments:

  1. I have kept so busy since the kids left . . . . the quiet is patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO much better than good! I'm so happy for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! I wish everyone's story was as happy as yours!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got my lap top fixed and I'm excited to be able to sit on my lunch break and catch up on things like this. I love your post. This past month has just been such a blessing, I find myself very thankful for so many things. Perhaps the most thankful for family, old and new. I feel like I'm finally HOME!

    ReplyDelete