Monday, July 14, 2008

All in the Family




I guess I took a little vacation from the blog world. I still read but have not blogged in quite awhile. I guess we all go through that. I have not blogged because I am having so much fun.

For the week of the fourth of July I had all of my children and grandchildren in my home for an extended period and it was wonderful. Not all of them were with us at one time but at one time all were here during that week. Carl and Lisa came first and stayed the longest, from Tuesday evening until Saturday morning. Leann and Randy came on Wednesday night and left Thursday to attend a funeral in Randy's family. Ryan and Jenny came on Friday and stayed until Saturday.

A house is never as happy as when it is full of sounds of laughter among your family and we had it....seven children, eight grandchildren.....heaven. No worries about whether the house was clean or the meals were on time....just enjoying being together.

We are just one big family....brothers and sisters and sons and daughters. Glued together because we belong to each other.

Looking back I am not sure when the line separating those children born to me and those who married into the family blurred. At some point it just vanished and became children by choice.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had all your kids and had all that fun!!! I did miss you, but glad you were busy in fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time! I'm so glad you were surrounded by so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ain't the blurred line thing true??? I look forward to getting to know Brandee like I have gotten to know Jaci.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea - you're back!! I knew good things were going on and keeping you busy, but know that I missed your entries along the way! Thanks for sharing the pics -

    ReplyDelete