Sunday, September 23, 2007

September

I have not been blogging much because my life suddenly was thrown into high gear when school started. Unfortunately this is not the life style that I really enjoy and I look forward to the evenings and weekends just to be able to relax .....but wait.......being gone all day long means that evenings and weekends are fair game for whatever can not be done during the day.

Fall is just around the corner. I can see it in the mornings as I rush off to work. The countryside is beginning to make the transition. The mornings are foggy again. The air is cool and moist. The leaves on the trees have just a hint of browning and my Autumn ferns that were suffering through the heat of the summer are giving it their last blast of growth before it gets too cold for them to maintain growth.

When I was a child I hated the fall. In fact, my least favorite month was September. Just writing it made me unhappy and finding a paper later in the year that I had written September at the top of the paper made me sick. It would bring back memories of the start of school.

Today it is one of my three most favorite seasons.......spring, summer and fall. Winter is another story. There are good things about winter but being cold and being indoors are not two of my favorite things to do. At least I winter in Texas where winters are mild and most of the time you can get away with a light sweater. An occasional snow is fun but we usually do not even have that.

So Dana and Erin there is my first random fact about myself: I hate writing the date when it is September.

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty random but I understand 100%! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you don't like September. I love this month - it's the end of summer (I hate the Texas heat). However, if I were still teaching, I would agree with you completely, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete