Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Feeding the Ducks



A few months back I had a date with the "out of school" grandchildren feeding the ducks at the river park in Bo...e. It was such a fun date and I got such fun pictures that day.

The kids were on top of the cement picnic tables and ducks were everywhere......mean ducks. You could not turn your back on them or they will come take the food right out of your hands, fingers and all if you are not careful. The kids were so cute. The ducks were ugly... no, really, ugly ducks not your pretty little cute things but ugly ducks.

When I take pictures I am always composing for a painting. I "photoshopped" about 7 or 8 of the photos together to create a picture of the four children on top of the bench with the ducks under it. After many hours of work creating just the look I want and drawing I am finally at the point of putting paint on the paper. I am so excited about having time to paint again. I have not done any serious painting in quite a time.

I have either had a block, did not have time or did not have the space to do it. Even now, the time is tight but the desire is there so strongly to paint. I will find time. I plan to do a periodic posting of the progress of the painting. The attached photo is step one: laying in the background color.

The big plan is to include each grandchild in a paintings so that each family can have a painting of their children.

1 comment:

  1. I so miss art. I must make time for it . . . it's part of me.

    ReplyDelete